PLEASE READ THIS FIRST!
Contact Jay @ [email protected] or text 8502598783 before you attempt to pay for this course. There are very specific instructions that must be followed before you can attend.
You Must Register through this site and then you will receive an email from enacourseops asking you to Register through ENA.org. Once you have registered then you MUST complete the online modules BEFORE you can attend Day One of the Course. This is MANDATORY you will not be allowed into the class without completing these steps.
This class offering does not include the book – please purchase an 8th Ed course manual.
PLEASE Understand that SafCare takes your order as a course director and then in-turn orders these manuals from the ENA and they in-turn order them to be drop-shipped by the publisher Jones and Bartlett.
We are currently working with the ENA to better streamline this and add other shipping modes. SafCare doesn’t get shipping confirmation numbers from the publisher.
updated 22 Feb 2020 – Jay
This course taught by qualified emergency nurses, delivers the knowledge, critical thinking skills, and hands-on training needed to keep trauma patients safe. The overall course objective is to improve trauma patient outcomes by providing nurses with foundational trauma knowledge, skills, and a systematic Trauma Nursing Process to guide trauma patient care.
After taking TNCC, nurses will be able to systematically assess the trauma patient, to intervene and/or assist with interventions, and to provide evidence-based trauma nursing care within the context of a trauma team.
Here’s a glimpse into what you’ll learn:
- The latest trauma nursing practice recommendations
- Systematic assessment and application of care
- Rapid identification of life-threatening injuries
TNCC, the 8th Edition, is here!
This new and improved edition brings exciting new features and course structure. Be on the lookout for TNCC, 8th Edition, scheduled courses on the ENA course listings page.
Exciting new features include:
- Virtual learning modules including avatar-based simulation
- Interactive teaching strategies
- Electronic, open-book testing – No more test anxiety!
- Updated evidence-based provider manual
- One and a half-day course
- 18.3 contact hours of CNE
A variety of learning methodologies are included to cater to every learning style, including:
- Online modules
- Live simulation
- Instructor-led classroom discussions and skill stations
Textbook: The latest edition of the TNCC Trauma Nursing Core Course Provider Manual includes evidence-based content developed by trauma emergency experts. The 24-chapter, comprehensive manual is a compilation of current trauma nursing standards and a valuable resource for future reference.
Online learning: Online modules with links to additional information are provided prior to the course date to let you learn at your own pace, apply what you learn and receive immediate feedback, and refer back to information at any time. The modules are a complete case study process — taking you through an entire sequence of care.
Live simulation: TNCC includes hands-on training using both an individual and a team approach. Trauma nursing process psychomotor skills stations offer you the opportunity to practice trauma patient assessments and interventions in a controlled environment.
Instructor-led classroom discussions and skill stations: TNCC is a two-day intensive course taught by expert instructors.
TNCC 1-Day Renewal Course Format
Time to renew your TNCC verification and short on time? Register for the TNCC 1-Day renewal course that includes both self-study materials and one day of in-person review to help you prepare for the exam.
This renewal course includes all of the same materials provided for the full course but rather than two full days of in-classroom learning, there is one full day.
Why is ENA’s TNCC the right course for you?
- Evidence-based content developed by trauma nursing experts
- Curriculum designed specifically for nurses
- Course education is updated regularly as trauma care evolves
- 4-year, internationally recognized verification as a TNCC provider is earned upon successful completion
- Increase your confidence in trauma patient care
- TNCC courses available year-round at locations conveniently located near you
- Earn 17.65 contact hours of CNE
- Participants must be an RN and possess a current unrestricted nursing license to receive verification.
- LPNs and paramedics are eligible to attend all portions of the course except for the written and psychomotor evaluations. For this reason, they do not receive verification but are awarded contact hours.
To register, contact the course director for your preferred location. They will provide you with further registration details needed to enroll in the course. To view all available courses and locations, click here or call 800.942.0011.
- Participant seats are limited based on instructor-to-student ratios
- Course fees, times, registration deadlines and prework/pretests will vary by location
For questions about registration, please contact [email protected] or 800.942.0011.
For questions about clinical content, please contact [email protected] or 847.460.4123.
TNCC Trauma Nursing Core Course Provider Manual is required for the course and is available through your course director.
Access the online modules here using the code you receive when you register for the course. You may purchase the online modules separately for $49.95; however, please note that this amount cannot be applied to the registration fee for the full TNCC.